1) If you melt a ‘laughing cow’ (or cream cheese) with pasta, it almost tastes like Alfredo sauce (if you decorate it accordingly, you may even convince house guests that it is).
2) For an easy eggs-benedict:
- Add water to a frying pan, with a tiny bit of vinegar
- Add an egg whites to the water/vinegar when hot (easy way to poach an egg)
- Mix egg yolk, milk and lemon juice in a seperate pot (amounts according to taste preference).
- Once egg is poached, put it on a piece of toast, along with a slice of ham, tomato, avocado, or whatever you prefer, and then just pour the sauce on!
3) Easy vietnamese salad bowl.
- shave or thinly slice cucumber, carrots and bean sprouts (or vegetables of choice)
- cook vietnamese rice noodles (bonus points for brown rice noodles!)
- add a protein (chicken, beef, tofu, beans, etc.)
- for the dressing mix together: fish sauce, crushed garlic, sugar and water (amounts according to taste preference)
4) Tip: If you encounter a baking ’emergency’, a quick fix is pillsbury doughboy (ex, cinnamon buns). Remember, it’s all about presentation, leave them on the baking sheet, sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on them and they almost look homemade. 😛
5) If you like spicy food, just add crushed red peppers to everything. It is easy and healthy (avoids the sodium in hot sauce).